Uscis birth certificate translation template
When applying for certain immigration benefits, US citizens or legal permanent residents may need to submit a translated birth certificate. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides a template that can be used for translating a foreign language birth certificate into English.
What Information Should Be Included?
The USCIS template should include the following information:
- Full name of the person whose birth certificate is being translated
- Date of birth
- City or town of birth
- Country of birth
- Names of the person’s parents
- The translator’s contact information
- The translator’s certification that the translation is accurate to the best of their knowledge
What Other Documentation May Be Required?
In addition to a translated birth certificate, USCIS may require additional documentation depending on the type of immigration benefit being applied for. This could include:
- Proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency
- Proof of marriage
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Proof of employment
- Proof of financial support
Where Can I Find the USCIS Birth Certificate Translation Template?
The USCIS birth certificate translation template is available online on the USCIS website. It can be found under the “Forms” section of the website. The template is free to download and print.
The USCIS birth certificate translation template is an important tool for those applying for certain immigration benefits. It is important to ensure that all required information is included in the template and that all additional documentation is submitted as required.
What documents are needed for a USCIS birth certificate translation?
The documents needed for a USCIS birth certificate translation are the original birth certificate (with an English translation if the original is not in English) and a copy of a valid identification. It is also recommended that you provide other documents that help establish the applicant's identity, such as a passport, driver's license, or national identification card.
Additionally, a translator's certification that the translation is accurate to the best of their knowledge is also required. The translator must also provide a signed copy of the translation.
What is the process for having a birth certificate translated for USCIS?
- 1. Gather the necessary documents: You will need to provide a copy of the original birth certificate in the language of origin, as well as a copy of a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport).
- 2. Contact a USCIS-approved translator: All translations must be completed by a USCIS-approved translator. You can find a list of approved translators on the USCIS website.
- 3. Submit your documents: You will need to submit your documents to the translator for review. The translator will then translate the document into English and submit it to USCIS for review.
- 4. Pay the fee: You will need to pay the translator for their services. This fee will vary depending on the translator, so be sure to ask for an estimate before you hire them.
- 5. Receive your translated document: The translator will provide you with a copy of the translated birth certificate once it has been approved by USCIS.
What documents are needed for a birth certificate translation for USCIS?
- 1. A copy of the original birth certificate in the foreign language.
- 2. A written statement from a certified translator who is proficient in both the foreign language and English, confirming that the translation is accurate and true to the original document.
- 3. An affidavit from the translator, signed and notarized, attesting to his/her qualifications and accuracy of the translation.
- 4. A copy of the translator's credentials.
- 5. A copy of the translator's state license (if applicable).
- 6. A copy of the translator's certification (if applicable).
- 7. A copy of the translator's resume (if applicable).
- 8. A copy of a valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport).